On the 10-question hypnosis test that follows, rate yourself on a scale of 0 to 3, where:
0 = Never
1 = Seldom
2 = Occasionally
3 = Often or always
1. You are busy working and realize all of a sudden that someone has been standing in front of you for a while, trying to get your attention.
2. You are driving on a highway and are daydreaming. You suddenly wonder where your mind has been for the last 10 minutes.
4. You are waiting at a red light when the person in the car behind you starts honking his horn because the light has changed.
5. You are able to recall an experience so vividly that you almost feel you are actually reliving it.
6. You are deeply moved by an eloquent or poetic speaker.
7. You become so involved in a television program, movie, or play that you lose awareness of where you are.
8. You glance at the clock while engrossed in a book to find that it’s an hour later than you thought.
9. People complain they have told you about important things, which you cannot remember.
10. You find a cut or a bruise on your body, but have no recollection of when it happened.
Add up your score:
20 to 30: High hypnotic capacity
10 to 19: Mid-range
0 to 9: Low hypnotic capacity. However, if you answered any question with a 2 or a 3, your hypnotic capacity is greater than your overall score.